“Flags ready to fly with Hong Kong’s largest poolside crowd”
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) initiated a redevelopment project in 2009 to construct a new indoor swimming pool complex which meets international standards and with 2,500 seats provides the largest swimming pool spectator stand in Hong Kong. The new complex is suitable for hosting various types of local, regional and international competitions.
Set to open in September 2013 to replace the old pool which was built more than five decades ago, the new swimming pool is uniquely designed, with a streamlined exterior glass wall built alongside the trees in Victoria Park, creating curves and interesting patterns which give the pool a modern feel.
The 50×25-metre main pool and the 33×25-metre multi-purpose pool are each equipped with a motorised Flag Raising System that synchronises the hoisting speed of national flags with the national anthem to be playing at the medal presentation ceremony.
Scope of work:
Macostar is responsible for the design, supply and installation of Flag Raising systems at the main pool and the multi-purpose pool, Victoria Park Swimming Pool Complex.
Flag Raising System
- Macostar MACHO FCS-PC Flag Raising Control PC
- Macostar MACHO FCS-180 Flag Raising Wireless Handheld Remotes
- Macostar MACHO FDW150C5E Flag Raising Drum Winches
- Macostar MACHO MC-TMC-5 Variable Speed Winch Control Boxes
- Macostar MACHO HCS-SDR3 Signal Distribution Rack
- Macostar MACHO HC-100 Manual controller
- Macostar Medley NLBX20-1 Nylon Loft Blocks
- Stainless Steel Master Barrels and Flag Barrels
Leisure and Cultural Services Department
Address:Victoria Park Swimming Pool Complex,
[wpfilebase tag=file id=169 pagenav=1 /]